Tuesday, September 14, 2010

More of Monae!!

     No Seriously I have been ITCHING and ITCHING to get a hold to a copy of Janelle Monae's CD "The Archandroid" for a while (seeing as it has been out for months now) and let me just start this out by saying. . . . OOOOOOOOH WOW!! #PAUZ!

     Janelle literally channels some of the greatest artist of all time to make this AWESOME CD! This is the type of music I can respect. I wasn't ready for this FIRE at all. I feel as though this Cd doesn’t have a specific genre at all. I hear pop(ish) songs, r&b songs, smooth jazzy type songs and more. I literally had a musical OVERDOSE at 3:10 in the morning (as I listened while i was at the desk!) EVERY track had its own feel to it and i feel as though there is a story (that Star has now picked up on yet) that she is telling, and whatever she is selling IM BUYING!! I'm hooked! it is hottttt! I hear Beyonce, Andre 3000, Prince, Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin and more all in one! But the thing is. . .its JANELLE MONAE! <3 

Tracks that Shined to Star: 
  • Dance or Die
  • Locked Inside
  • Cold War
  • Mushroom & Roses
  • Neon Valley Street
  • BaBopByeYa
  • Say You’ll Go (my ULTIMATE favorite track) 


but YES indeed! Get this CD! it is a MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST HAVE!! sooooo follow me @i_R_Starz and @JanelleMonae and the rest of Vintro on twitter!!
-Starz (Check out our other blog vintro.tumblr.com)

2 comments: