Tuesday, September 7, 2010

i got bangs B**CH

Now everyone into fashion and styling knows that the hair can ultimately make or break an outfit.... like Stacy London says "its the icing to a delicious cupcake"..... well knowing this i recently went ahead and switched up the doo to something a bit more edgy, at first my sister was referring to me as "the soccer mom"..... I was rocking a hair style that was volumized and combed back like something out of a "bump it" commercial  so i was looking a bit blah on the hair tip. I mean it wasnt bad but it certainly didnt add to my outfit so i walked into a  VINTRO teammate's room handed him some scissors and told him to snip away. As i watched my hair fall to the cold tile floor i remember going through all of my fave hairstyles right now and it was funny to me to think how little changes about hair through time. Once he finished cutting i walked to the full length mirror attached to his closet and immediately i was reminded of The Beatles.

All these hairstyles are happening in cycles from the long shapeless hair equivalent of that of free-flowing flower child, to the natural African hair, once loved then hated and hated and hated some more and now finally loved again, afros are resurfacing. then people like me with the chunky bang, who despite my sex and skin color, could fit right in with those legendary gentlemen in the picture above with our identical cuts... (i mean mine is a bit longer but you get the gist). But whatever the case may be natural and free, layered and highlighted, banged and chopped, or loose and wavy (old Hollywood) lets embrace the history and beauty behind our style and while it may have been done before do NOT concern yourself with who else is doing it or who else has done it just know it will be FABULOUS  on you as long as you wear it with a confidence so fierce your hair's audience has no choice but to applaud and chant your name!! just a little hair insight for my first blog thanks for your time!!! TO EACH HIS OWN, OURS IS VINTRO... and yours should be too.
I love you all dearly for taking the time to read this!
-vicTORIa eLIZABeth jones 
FOLLOW ME @LIZABVINTRO

3 comments:

  1. Loved the ending....encourage the people! lol And IMO Bangs are much better than the wide open forehead lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA thanks for the support pat!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete