Wednesday, September 29, 2010

How to Be a successful Thrifter! :)


As we all know,  Vintro is a Proud supporter of the Salvation Army,  Goodwill, and any other amazing thrift store that we have come across. I personally LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE the thrift store because first, it is just a fun place to go with your friends if you just wanna go try on goofy clothes from over the years but second, THEY HAVE AMAZING CLOTHES!  WHY in the WORLD would you go and pay a MILLION DOLLARS at Department Stores (the statement excludes Macy's Since they employ me lol) but forreal think about it. It is so true about what they say about styles come back around.  I paid three dollars for a cute red poka dot dress that was the same style that they had at Forever 21 for thirty.  Hmmmm.... Lets contemplate the savings.... Thats TWENTY SEVEN dollars that I will spend on the pair of shoes that I am going to buy...( Sidenote:  I don't condone buying shoes from the thrift store... Dont know where their feet have been : / lol) And when you shop at the thrif store you are helping out all the people that work for Goodwill and Salvation Army!!! These are amazing NonProfit Organizations that help just about everybody!!!  Also Donate!!!! Everything counts :)
So Heres A Coupla Tips  For All You New Thrifties!!
1)Be Patient!!!!
I know EVERYTIME I go into the goodwill i think Im finna die because everything is unorganized.I know its hard.. But you just have to be ready to look for things.  Go on a day that you have nothing to do.  It can be relaxing if you let it. 
2)  Try things on!!!!
Things look soooo different if you just try them on!  If you see a pattern or a style that you like just try it on!  It might not look exactly how it is made today but I bet when you try it on YOU CAN ROCK THE ISH OUT OFF IT!!
3)  BE CREATIVE!!!
So you try something on and it doesnt fit or its to big or its too long.  Im sure you have someone in your life that can sew!! GET it anyway!!! you can alter it! Or go home grab some scissors n get the cutting!!  I mean its not like your losing a small fortune if you distroy it! You can jus go and try again!! Or you can accesorize it! Throw a waist belt on or a skinny belt! Lots of jewelry!!! Rock some pumps!!  Its amazing what you can do with a little creativity!
4)  Be Curtious :)
I know sometimes its hard to go into the thrift store and not get frustrated with the mess but its kool just be nice and ask one of the store associates their and im sure they'll be glad to help!! :)
5)  HAVE FUN!!!!
This is the most important thing!!!! Your there to have FUN!!!! BE GOOFY! TAKE PICS! GO with friends! LAUGH! Its an experience that you absolutely have to have!!! :) Take it from me!! I go all the time with the VINTROx Crew. I would steer you wrong!

Thanks for Reading!!

oxoxo Manolo Vintro

No comments:

Post a Comment