Wednesday, October 6, 2010

letterman jacket... do or dont???

I believe Chris Brown and Drake are mainly responsible for this resurfacing trend. See I played varsity basketball so I had a letterman, but it was never about making a fashion statement, it was more about being uniform with my fellow teammates, and to be warm... (for those who know about sports basketball season is in the winter) I love the look of letterman, and they are a much better replacement to the race car jackets (which I HATE) but it has taken me a while to get used to them. At first it was nothing but goons wearing them 8 sizes too big with their butts hanging out, then the sizes got smaller and the jeans came up and got tighter. I won't lie they are definitely growing on me! They seemed so silly to me at first but they seem to make so much sense now. Even if they haven't played a single sport in their life. Pair it with some great jeans or slacks (just please pull them up) cardigan and a v neck, some dope shoes and be on your way. It is a great way to stay warm. Note: the more vintage it looks the BETTER. Its an easy dress down approach to the trench coat, do NOT get me wrong  I love love love peacoats and trench coats, but I am also growing to love varsity jackets too.

But just remember your clothes dont have to be vommit enducing just because it is cold. Put in a little extra effort, be creative and be beautiful!! I love you all and please if you own a bubble coat then let the lettermen replace it!!!
-Victoria Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment