Saturday, October 9, 2010

call it what? well if you're as cool as these kids you might as well CALL IT DOPE!


So as we got ready to go out tonight I got the awesome opportunity to listen to Call It Dope (CID) as they recorded a few last minute things before we left. From the way these guys (Khrys "Joshua Paul Rodgers, III," Hatch and Jeremy "Chico Rashad" Williams ) perform on stage to the way they perform off the stage in the privacy of their own home is nothing short of amazing and inspiring!! We (other vintro members and I) were all sooo ready to go and hit the party but their sheer determination and love for what they do held us in the studio for an extra 30-40 min, and while this would usually irritate THE SHXT OUT OF ME, I actually loved the experience this time. It was an easy going mix of "today" and "yesterday," a fashion forward version of the past and something, almost all generations could relate to. I was trying  to learn the words from the very first time I heard it and by the third time around I was singing along at the top of my lungs. Something about CID brings chills to my skin, inspiration to my soul, and harmonies to my head so rhythmic and catchy I can do nothing more then replay it over and over in hopes of getting it UNstuck from my head.

Now I hope this post does not come off as a tool  to blow their heads up, or as just some fan who is "doing the most," but instead as an inspirational post to those who have yet to hear them, to actually go out and take a a gander. And anyone who listened to them and has tried to disagree with anything I have said thus far would not only be lying to themselves but to everyone around. I give huge kudos to CID for their recent performance in which they opened  for Big Sean, and everything about them because their performance was disgustingly awesome! I mean I payed 15 dollars (which to a broke college student seems like a FORTUNE), not to see free soul, even though they were AMAZINGLY dope, not to see that little bitty light skinned guy that came on after them, not the lame MC's that wasted about 40 minutes, and not even Big Sean, but to see one of my favorite new bands in the world,  CALL IT DOPE!We came for CID and it was worth every cent plus some. If you have yet to check out their music I would definitely recommend it! Otherwise you're LOSING! But losing or winning I LOVE YOU ALL!!
- Victoria E Jones @lizabvintro   
 P.S. the website to check em out on is called, PureVolume.com/CallItDope

No comments:

Post a Comment