Saturday, January 8, 2011

velvet?!?!

So what you guys get for Christmas? That's great, that's great, ok my turn. So my sister got me this really huge rose colored velvet button down. Now I know at this point some of you guys are probably really disgusted and confused as to why a sister who lived with me for 18 years, who claimed to love me, who ran away with me when I was 7, I mean I taught this girl how to write her name and tie her shoes, would buy me an oversized velvet button down. Well she did it because she really does love me and she saw me swooning over it after I tried it on a couple weeks prior to Christmas. Now the disgust and dissappointed you once felt for my sister has probably shifted from my kid sister to me, but velvet is back and better then ever! Let me explain, now I'm not talking about some 3-piece velvet suite with a skirt to the ankle, that your grandmother may favor, or even that terrible velvet ddress we had to pair wsith penny loafers for christmas pics. Its simple cute and fun and here are a few ideas of how to put em together.






One of the easiest way to do this is with dress. Like the piece my sister bought me. I threw on that button down belted it up threw on some tights and some booties, and there you have it, my new years outfit. It was simple, and an outfit that I was sure no one else would have. Along with dresses another great piece be stapled in the wardrobe is a velvet blazer.






Now I do not personally own a velvet blazer, but I did just get a corduroy blazer and I imagine they probably work their way into the wardrobe about the same way. Ladies I would suggest letting this velvet piece replace the boring black one that you and every other girl in the world seems to own. And guys, get a great dress shirt, dark jeans and some loafers, treat it like a regular sports coat while adding a little visual and textural excitement to your outfit. Or how about some really cool velvet slacks?




Just throw em on in place of blue jeans with an oversized boyfriend top and there ya go, add the jewelry maybe a cardigan. Its easy if you believe within yourself that it looks AMAZING, but if this is all too much for you, try a great pair of velvet shoes.

Its fun and simple, and if anyone tries to tell you otherwise slap them in the mouth and move on, and remember you are beautiful and Vintro loves you!
-Victoria Jones @lizabvintro


No comments:

Post a Comment